An Ounce of Prevention... Top 3 Benefits of Thermal Imaging
April 6, 2016
Thermal imaging using infrared provides a way to view automated systems to identify abnormally hot or cool areas or components. This is a powerful prevention and maintenance tool, as in the case with electrical equipment, equipment failure is preceded by a period of increased heat.
Having the ability to identify and fix issues not only increases reliability and productivity for the entire operation, it also prevents major equipment damages, unsafe conditions, and costly downtime. Prevention is not only possible, it makes good business sense.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Thermal Imager on a Regular Basis:
1. Financial Savings:
- Fewer interruptions during peak operation periods means less downtime and greater productivity.
Equipment problems are fixed before they fail and damage or destroy the rest of the machine.
When it’s too late, managing system failures includes the costs involved for expedited equipment replacement and costly overtime to rectify the situation.
- A process that runs reliably will produce higher quality than a process that experiences sudden stops, mechanical wrecks, and a lack of maintenance to key components.
- An industrial process that runs reliably and without surprises produces a safer work environment. Many industrial processes are complex and run at high speed. A sudden failure on one machine can have a cascading effect of failures and cause safety issues.
- Overheated electrical connections can cause fires. Faulty wiring, a bad design and overloaded circuits cause overheating, which is detectible with thermal imaging, and therefore preventable.
FLIR infrared cameras are the best in the world and available through Diverse. To find out the best thermal imager for your operation or to test a demo, call or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thermal imaging, Infared,
- Alternative Energy
- Automotive AEC-Q200
- Brady Canada Labels & Printers
- Diverse Electronics
- EMI/RFI Shielding
- ESD Diodes
- ESD-Static Control
- Industrial Vending Program
- Inspection Cameras
- Loctite Adhesives
- OC White Magnifiers
- SCS Static Control
- Stannol Solder
- SunLED LEDs
- Test Instruments
- Thermal Imaging
- Wago Connectors
- Winstar Displays